Live Like A Laker
You Love It. Don't Leave It!
If you've lived on campus before, you understand that there is no better way to experience the Laker Effect. Grand Valley's living centers offer all the features you want with on-campus conveniences and advantages, which is why more and more students have decided to stay, and why many who left are coming back. Whether it is unique social experiences, the readily available academic resources and support, convenient dining options, or relief of paying only one bill that has you thinking about living on campus, we truly hope you stay on campus.
You are a Laker. And Lakers live on campus.
One Easy Payment
All Utilities Included
Resources and support in your own backyard
Students who live on campus at Grand Valley get better grades and are more likely to graduate than those who don’t. That's a true competitive advantage for jobs, graduate schools, grants, and scholarships.
Students who live on campus benefit from:
- Being closer to classes (often in the same building if you're part of an academic community).
- Convenient access to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the P. Douglas Kindschi Hall of Science, Mary Idema Pew Library Learning and Information Commons, and the newly renovated Thomas J. and Marcia J. Haas Center for Performing Arts.
- Close proximity to peers, faculty, and advisors.
- Access to academic resources, such as the Writing Center, Barbara and Stuart Padnos International Center, and Career Services Center.
Stay focused. Stay on campus.
Lakers living on campus have a college experience they simply cannot get elsewhere. From diverse campus life programming to fulfilling volunteer opportunities to (free) athletic events and recreation, you'll discover a sense of community, belonging, and purpose that is unique to living to on campus. Let others deal with the hassles of off-campus living. It's easier to live on and visit them than to let that responsibility distract you from your job as a college student.
- 400+ student organizations make it easy to get involved, make friends, and have fun.
- Grand Valley's student life programming makes sure you'll find something happening on campus almost any day of the year.
- Our recreation facilities and opportunities help keep your heart pumping fast, whether you are part of a club sport, intramurals, or on your own.
- Cheer on one of the best athletic programs in the nation as Laker teams compete in 20 intercollegiate sports.
- Want to visit Michigan's second largest city? The campus connector shuttle service to Grand Rapids will get you there and back at no cost.
Convenient, affordable, good
Ramen noodles have their charm, but healthy and nutritious food is available almost any time of day and within five minutes of anywhere on campus. Meal plans for 2nd-year students range from $200-$1,550 per semester. From semester plans like Value+, Casual, Casual+, and Express, to weekly plans, such as 19+, 14+, 10+, 7+, or 5+ there are a variety of options available to you. Whether you prefer to buy groceries and cook (Ramen noodles, anyone?), or eat the same delicious food you enjoyed as a freshman, Campus Dining has a plan that will fit your lifestyle and budget.
GET INVOLVED. BE ACTIVE. LIVE HEALTHY.
Campus Recreation provides the campus community with a wide variety of recreation, fitness, wellness, and social opportunities at all levels of ability, competition, and interest. Whether you’re interested in sports, spending time outside, or simply working out alone or in groups, Campus Recreation has something for you! There are plenty of ways to get involved, be active, and live healthy right here on campus.
- Group Exercise Classes
- Nutrition and Massage Services
- Intramural Sports
- Club Sports
- Rock Climbing
- Outdoor Adventures
- Informal Recreation
- Employment Opportunities
Independent Living Without Leaving
You can have it all
It may be an exaggeration to say that Grand Valley offers nearly as many housing options as it does academic programs, but either way, you can count on finding something that fits your needs and enhances your college experience. Whether you live in an apartment-style living center or in one of our spacious on-campus apartments, Grand Valley has built some of the newest and most modern living centers in the state.
One Easy Payment
One payment, less responsibility, no hidden fees
Living off campus means monthly rent and multiple utility bills. And good luck getting roommates to pay their share or on-time. Living on campus, your expenses are consolidated into one convenient bill. That's peace of mind you can't place a dollar sign on. Handling everything at one time and in one place will be one less thing to worry about, allowing you to focus on the things you want and really need to.