Lifelong Learning On Tap
Lifelong Learning on Tap is about connecting great ideas, great places, and great people. It's an opportunity for Adult students at GVSU to come together in a casual setting and get to know other students, staff, and alumni.
It's also a great way to hear from experts in our community on topics relevant to you like finances, career transitions, balancing multiple life roles, and more. Not to mention, it's a great way to learn more about the growing beer, cider, and distillery scene in West Michigan.
The When and the Where
Lifelong Learning On Tap is the third Thursday of the month.
- 5:30 - arrive, connect with other students, get drinks, eat some food
- 6:00 - welcome and start of monthly talk.
- Brewery staff shares a few fun facts about the beer
- Community expert on the topic shares
- GVSU staff or faculty expert on the topic shares
- 6:40 - wrap up, questions, more time to connect and meet other students
DeHop's Brewing Company and Cafe'
363 Cummings Ave, NW - Walker, MI 49534
There is plenty of parking onsite.
We'll provide the food (light appetizers), you get your drinks!
What's On Tap...
December 19, 2019 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Celebrate the end of the semester and join us for some holiday cheer. Whatever milestone you’d like to celebrate, we're to celebrate with you! Did you just finish your first semester...
January 16, 2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Whether you're returned to school to completely change your career or you're just looking to upskill and are looking for a promotion, you may be overwhelmed or confused about how to get started. ...
February 20, 2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Do you have a resume? Is it up to date? join us as we talk about everything you need to know about designing your brand, creating content, and how you can use your resume as a blueprint...
March 19, 2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
“This was my first time attending one of these events and I had a wonderful time! I encourage other "Lifelong Learning" students to attend”
On Tap FAQ's
Safe Drinking Culture
If you choose to drink, we encourage you to make responsible and healthy choices. Here are some campus and community resources that can help:
- GVSU ACES - Alcohol & Other Drugs Campus Education Services - - Their mission is to shape a community that engages and challenges students to make healthy life-long decisions regarding alcohol and other drugs
- Better Drinking Culture - Their mission is to shift the culture's relationship with alcohol in a healthier and more positive direction