Lifelong Learning On Tap
Lifelong Learning on Tap is about connecting great ideas, great places, and great people. It's an opportunity for Adult students at GVSU to come together in a casual setting and get to know other students, staff, and alumni.
It's also a great way to hear from experts in our community on topics relevant to you like finances, career transitions, balancing multiple life roles, and more. Not to mention, it's a great way to learn more about the growing beer, cider, and distillery scene in West Michigan.
As you may be aware, GVSU will convert to remote teaching beginning March 16, at least through March 29. As we transition to an online and remote setting, your health and safety are important to us so we will be cancelling our Lifelong Learning on Tap event on March 19th.
We in the Center for Adult and Continuing Studies want to express that we are still here to support you during this time and if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Although we’ll miss you this month, we’ve included some great links below and we hope you check them out. And make sure you save the date for next month, April 16th Anchor Accolades.
The When and the Where
Lifelong Learning On Tap is the third Thursday of the month. We meet upstairs at DeHops Brewing.
- 5:30 - arrive, connect with other students, get drinks, eat some food
- 6:00 - welcome and start of monthly talk.
- Brewery staff shares a few fun facts about the beer
- Community expert on the topic shares
- GVSU staff or faculty expert on the topic shares
- 6:40 - wrap up, questions, more time to connect and meet other students
DeHop's Brewing Company and Cafe'
363 Cummings Ave, NW - Walker, MI 49534
We meet upstairs at DeHop's
There is plenty of parking onsite.
We'll provide the food (light appetizers), you get your drinks!
What's On Tap...
“This was my first time attending one of these events and I had a wonderful time! I encourage other "Lifelong Learning" students to attend”
On Tap FAQ's
Safe Drinking Culture
If you choose to drink, we encourage you to make responsible and healthy choices. Here are some campus and community resources that can help:
- GVSU - AOD - Alcohol & Other Drugs Services - - Their mission is to shape a community that engages and challenges students to make healthy life-long decisions regarding alcohol and other drugs
- Better Drinking Culture - Their mission is to shift the culture's relationship with alcohol in a healthier and more positive direction