Lifelong Learning On Tap
Lifelong Learning on Tap is about connecting great ideas, great places, and great people. It's an opportunity for Adult students at GVSU to come together in a casual setting and get to know other students, staff, and alumni.
It's also a great way to hear from experts in our community on topics relevant to you like finances, career transitions, balancing multiple life roles, and more. Not to mention, it's a great way to learn more about the growing beer, cider, and distillery scene in West Michigan.
The When and the Where
Lifelong Learning On Tap is the third Thursday of the month.
- 5:30 - arrive, connect with other students, get drinks, eat some food
- 6:00 - welcome and start of monthly talk.
- Brewery staff shares a few fun facts about the beer
- Community expert on the topic shares
- GVSU staff or faculty expert on the topic shares
- 6:40 - wrap up, questions, more time to connect and meet other students
DeHop's Brewing Company and Cafe'
363 Cummings Ave, NW - Walker, MI 49534
There is plenty of parking onsite.
We'll provide the food (light appetizers), you get your drinks!
What's On Tap...
October 17, 2019 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
“College is too expensive.” “I don’t qualify for any aid.” Many adult learners have the same concerns about how to pay for college. So join us for a conversation about...
December 19, 2019 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Celebrate the end of the semester and join us for some holiday cheer.
“This is a great resource; thanks for taking the time to do this every month.”
On Tap FAQ's
Safe Drinking Culture
If you choose to drink, we encourage you to make responsible and healthy choices. Here are some campus and community resources that can help:
- GVSU ACES - Alcohol & Other Drugs Campus Education Services - - Their mission is to shape a community that engages and challenges students to make healthy life-long decisions regarding alcohol and other drugs
- Better Drinking Culture - Their mission is to shift the culture's relationship with alcohol in a healthier and more positive direction