How to request a Google Account (Gmail)
How to request a Google account (faculty/staff only):
- Log into https://intranet.gvsu.edu/networkauth/.
- Off campus access requires a VPN connection. If you are unable to connect to the VPN, please email [email protected] so we can set up a Google account for you.
- Click “Request Google Account” on the right side of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to request a new Google account.
- Accounts are created overnight and will be ready for use the next morning. A confirmation email will be sent to your primary GVSU email address.
- You can log into your Google account here: https://mail.gvsu.edu/
Notes and Exceptions:
- To request a Google account for a generic/departmental account (not tied to a G#), please email your request to [email protected].
- The following types of accounts cannot currently have Google accounts created for them:
- Office accounts with usernames longer than 8 characters
- Email Only accounts
- If you already have a GVSU faculty/staff Google account the “Request Google Account” will say “Request Google Account – Enabled.” Visit https://mail.gvsu.edu/ and log in with your primary GVSU username and password to access your Google account.