For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
How to request a Google Account (Gmail)
IT has implemented a new self-service method by which faculty and staff can request Google accounts. Users will no longer need to email email@example.com except in special situations.
The process is as follows:
- Log into http://intranet.gvsu.edu/networkauth/.
- If you are off campus you will need to be connected to the VPN. Instructions can be found here: https://www.gvsu.edu/vpnpage/.
- Click “Request Google Account” located on the right under “Self Service Options.”
- Follow the prompts to request an account.
- A confirmation and informational email will be sent to your @gvsu.edu email address.
- Accounts are created overnight and will be ready for use the next morning. You can log into your Google account here: http://mail.gvsu.edu/
- EXCEPTIONS AND NOTES
- To request a Google account for a generic/departmental GVSU network account, such as helpdesk, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accounts that CANNOT have Gmail accounts created for them include:
- Accounts with usernames longer than 8 characters.
- Email Only accounts.
- GVSU accounts must have network access to be able to log into a Google account. If you are unsure if an account has network access, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 616-331-2101.
- If you would like to convert an account from Email Only to Network and Email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you already have a GVSU faculty/staff Google account, the “Request Google Account” button will be unusable. It will display “Request Google Account – Enabled.” To access your GVSU Google account, please go to http://mail.gvsu.edu/ and log in with your GVSU username and password.