LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
How to request a Google Account (Gmail)
How to request a Google account (faculty/staff only):
- Log into http://intranet.gvsu.edu/networkauth/.
- Click “Request Google Account” on the right side of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to request a new Google account.
- Accounts are created overnight and will be ready for use the next morning. A confirmation email will be sent to your primary GVSU email address.
- You can log into your Google account here: http://mail.gvsu.edu/
Notes and Exceptions:
- To request a Google account for a generic/departmental account (not tied to a G#), please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following types of accounts cannot currently have Google accounts created for them:
- Office accounts with usernames longer than 8 characters
- Email Only accounts
- If you already have a GVSU faculty/staff Google account the “Request Google Account” will say “Request Google Account – Enabled.” Visit http://mail.gvsu.edu/ and log in with your primary GVSU username and password to access your Google account.