Duo Multifactor Authentication
Multifactor Authentication (MFA) is required for all faculty and staff.
Request a Duo account by clicking the button below:
Once signed in you'll fill out the Duo Request form with the necessary information and choose Submit.
For questions or issues, contact the GVSU Service Desk via Service Portal, email ([email protected]), or phone (616-331-2101).
What is Duo and Multifactor Authentication?
Multifactor Authentication (MFA), commonly referred to as Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) provides an additional layer of security for users logging in to a secure environment.
MFA leverages multiple types of authentication:
- Something you know (GVSU Network ID & password)
- Something you have (physical device)
- Something you are (e.g. fingerprint, facial recognition)
GVSU uses Duo Security as its MFA solution. Duo makes authentication easy by allowing individuals to verify their identity using a mobile device - either through an app or using a code sent via text.
All Faculty and Staff are required to use Duo beginning of Fall 2021
All Faculty and Staff using the Pulse Secure VPN application for remote access are required to use Duo when connecting to VPN.
- The VPN is not required for accessing library resources.
- If you have difficulty connecting to library resources please contact the library for assistance at (616) 331-3500 or by submitting the library's support form.
You do not need to connect to the VPN if:
- All work is performed on a GVSU imaged Windows computer either on campus or at home.
You will need to connect to the VPN if:
- A personal computer or device is used to access any GVSU data or systems while off campus.
- A GVSU imaged Mac computer is used to access any GVSU data or systems while off campus
Systems requiring Duo
Systems requiring VPN when connecting from off campus, regardless of device:
- Banner Admin
- Banner Workflow
For faculty and staff the following systems require Duo:
- Banner SSB
NOTE: Classroom instructor stations do not require Duo.