Connecting a Gaming System to the GVSU Network

If you own a PlayStation 3, Wii U, Wii, or XBOX 360 you can connect to the Grand Valley State University Housing wired network. It is recommended that you connect gaming systems to our wired network for better performance and more reliability.

To be able to connect to the GVSU Network you will need the MAC or Physical address of your gaming system. Once you have your MAC address you can register your gaming system in one of the following ways:

1. Connect to the GVSU IT HelpDesk portal and click on "Register a Gaming Device".

2. Call the IT Help Desk at 616-331-2101.

3. Stop by the Allendale or Grand Rapids Help Desk areas.

For a list of steps to obtain the MAC address for the systems listed above, click here.

**NOTE** Chromecast devices will not work on Grand Valley State University's wireless networks. The protocols that they require are not supported.

Page last modified March 2, 2014