Communications to GVSU constituents should follow the accessibility standards set forth in the below guidelines and documents.
What meets Accessibility compliance?
- Using the Outlook email tool and sending text with no images
- When including an image, ensure that appropriate tags are in place describing the image
- Approved tools that send emails or newsletters such as Emma, MailChimp, and Blackboard
What is not Accessibility compliant?
- Using Outlook to send an email with images containing imbedded text (e.g. documents created using Publisher or Word)
- Using Outlook to send an email with images and no tags describing the image
- Mailing services that are not following accessibility compliance
- PDF documents that are not properly created for accessibility
Tools to assist in Accessibility compliance
- How to ensure your email is accessible
- Using Adobe Acrobat accessibility checker
- Using alternative text descriptions on images
- Check your webpage or HTML code using AChecker
- Check your webpage using Wave