For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Please pay careful attention to the following categories before submitting your work order. Specific issues are reported through different outlets, so identifying the right avenue will help us to serve you best.
Maintenance & Facilities Work Orders
If you are having HVAC, plumbing, window issues, etc., please submit maintenance work orders to Facilities.
Please be aware that work orders may only be submitted while logged onto the GVSU network / WiFi.
Furniture Work Orders
If you are having problems or need a repair of your university-provided furniture, please place the request with your front desk.
Cable Television Issues
If you are experiencing problems with your cable television, please consider the following FIRST:
- Have you successfully set up your television and scanned for channels?
- Verified that television has a digital/QAM tuner and is digital ready?
- After scanning all available inputs (cable, digital, HD, etc.) no channels are recognized?
- Have run channel setup for each available input option?
- Have you checked your cables for proper connectivity?
- Are the cords and cables plugged in to the correct locations?
- Checked signal for all cable jacks in the unit?
- Coaxial cable has been tested and determined to be working?
- Have you tried another TV that works at the port (that previously worked elsewhere) and/or does the TV in question work elsewhere?
If trouble shooting steps have been completed and it is determined a cable technician is needed, please follow the steps below.
- Call Spectrum Business: 800-314-7195
- Press 1 for Business account
- You may need to provide telephone number on GVSU account: 616-331-2120
- Briefly tell me what you are calling about: say “Agent”
- In order to get you to the right person, tell me which area you are calling about: Tech Support
- What product are you calling about today: TV
- Are you calling about streaming an app: No
- Agent may have to repeat information request:
- Business name: Grand Valley State University
- Account phone: 616-331-2120
- Let the agent know right away that you are a bulk CLEAR QAM TV customer and that you do not have a box in your unit, one piece of equipment feeds the entire property.
- If account address is needed: 1 Campus Dr., Lake Michigan Hall, Allendale, MI 49401-9401
Remember this is a business bulk account. You will want to AVOID using the unit number or the word residential until it is determined that they need to send a technician. If a technician is needed then add the unit number on the work order.