Upperclassmen Housing Assignments

How to View Your Housing Assignment

Roommate and room assignment information is subject to change. To access your most up to date room assignment & roommate contact information, follow the steps below:

  1. Access myBanner with your GVSU credentials supplied in your letter of admission.
  2. Once logged in, select "Student" and then select "myHousing".
  3. Your housing assignment and roommate information will be listed under "My Assignments" in your myHousing portal.

Contact [email protected] for additional housing assignment questions or concerns.

Returning / Transfer / Graduate Student Assignments

Returning, Transfer & Graduate students participate in room selection. You may self-select a specific unit based on the building, floor, unit, bedroom, and roommates that you would like. Note: roommate requests must be mutual.  After appliying for housing, Phase one: Select WHO you'd like to live with via My College Roomie.  Phase two: Select WHERE you'd like to live, via the Housing Selection process in your myHousing portal.  For Fall 2022-Winter 2023, Phase One begins on November 10th.  Phase Two, selection of room, begins November 19th. 

You can choose between our apartments on the Allendale Campus (Calder, Grand Valley Apartments, Laker Village, Murray, South C, D & E and VanSteeland), the Downtown Campus (Secchia and Winter), or a Living-Learning Community.

The room Selection Process opens November 19th and will remain open until March 31, 2022. When you apply for Housing, you will automatically be added to the Selection Process. Please note, the process will be temporarily shut down in late November.


Special Accommodations

Any student requesting a specific housing assignment based on a medical condition must register with Disability Support Resources. Housing accommodations will be coordinated based on DSR Advisor recommendations, date of application, and space availability. 

Room Change Requests - Before Move In

If you would like to be added to a waiting list for a certain style of housing, please follow the steps below:

  1. Access MyBanner with your network ID and password.
  2. Once logged in, select "Student" and then select "myHousing."
  3. Select "Apply/Cancel/Forms" and then “Room Change Waiting List" Complete the form and submit.
  4. In the case of matched roommates, both students must submit the room change request form if they want to remain together.  

 If you would like to move to a Living Learning Community, please contact the housing office via email at [email protected]

Room Change Request - After Move In

Room change requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and processed on an individual basis pending space availability. Space is limited and reassignment is not guaranteed. You are encouraged to work with your RA and Living Center Director staff to assist you with any roommate concerns you may be experiencing. 


If you no longer intend to live on campus for a future semester in which you have an active application, please go to your myHousing overview to cancel your application.

1.    Login with your user ID and password. 

2.    Click on Apply / Cancel / Forms.

3.    Click on Cancel Your (semester) Housing Application. Make sure that you click on the correct semester that you are canceling. 

4.    Fill out the few questions and submit. 

5.    You will receive a copy of your cancellation letter in the mail. 

Cancellations for Fall and Spring/Summer semesters received prior to May 1 are eligible for a refund of the $150 housing deposit. Cancellations for Winter semester received prior to November 1 are eligible for a refund of the $150 housing deposit.

The submission of the Cancel Form will cancel your housing application and contract for the semester selected. If you are seeking to make a CHANGE to a future housing assignment, do not submit a Cancel FormPlease see room change requests information

Page last modified November 9, 2021