Mission, Vision, & Values
"The values of Housing and Residence Life take shape in the polices we make, facilities we build, and the experiences we provide." - Andy Beachnau, Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs & Director of Housing and Health Services
Providing resources and opportunities for student learning and success by collaborating to build inclusive residential communities and experiences
Strive to provide excellent opportunities for engagement and development in safe and inclusive communities through operational services, sustainable practices, and co-curricular learning and living environments grounded in best practices.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life values the education, success, and experiences of students and staff, through the following:
- Student Development and Support
- Support the development of student resiliency through problem solving, conflict resolution, personal responsibility and advocacy, critical thinking and wellness.
- Liberal Education
- Engage in learning through creative and critical thinking, self-awareness and active citizenship.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Provide inclusive and supportive environments where diverse voices and experiences are welcomed, celebrated and personal growth is encouraged.
- Triple bottom line sustainability which includes economic, environmental, and social equity.