HRL Guest Policy
A guest is defined as any individual not contractually assigned to a particular on-campus living space.
- The only guests permitted into GVSU housing Living Centers and Apartments are other GVSU on-campus housing residents, with the exception of move-in and move-out.
- During move-in and move-out, all guests (parent or supporter) including the resident will be required to complete a self-assessment the day of the visit, prior to entering any residential building.
- Overnight guests are not permitted at any time.
- GVSU residential guests must be approved by roommate(s) prior to being invited into the building or unit.
- No more than double the current assigned occupancy of the unit will be allowed. The exception to this limit is in place for single occupancy units only including Kistler, Copeland, Robinson, and Calder in which residents may host up to two guests at a time.
- All guests must adhere to social distancing, face covering protocols and all other GVSU policies.
- When a guest enters a residential unit, the unit becomes a “common space” where face coverings and social distancing are required by all occupants.
- Guests must be escorted (e.g., to and from restrooms and lounges) by resident host at all times. Guests are permitted to use lounges only while accompanied by their resident host.
- Guests who obstruct or disrupt the orderly function of on-campus housing may also be asked to leave by HRL staff members or GVPD.
- Resident hosts are responsible for any violations or damage caused by their guests.
This policy is subject to modifications at any time based on additional guidance from the Governor, CDC recommendations, or the institution for the safety of the community