The Office of Housing and Residence Life provides residents with numerous opportunities to attend programs that offer learning outside of the classroom and a chance to meet other students. Presented by students and staff members, these programs help prepare students for their college experiences.
Providing experiences outside of the classroom that support, complement, and enhance the learning that occurs inside of the classroom.
- Diversity: A student will engage with a community of learners with diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Critical Thinking: A student will apply their knowledge to a variety of situations within their living-learning environment.
Promoting self-awareness, as well as the need for interdependent community and the impact of personal behavior on community.
- Communication: A student will engage in effective verbal and written communication.
- Relationships: A student will develop relationships with their community members. Through their participation in the community, they will develop a better understanding of themselves.
Providing opportunities that encourage students to engage in what it means to be a citizen in a democracy.
- Membership: A student will examine their participation and goals related to personal and community life.
- Leadership: A student will consider the different aspects of leadership and their own role within the larger community.
- Sustainability: A student will identify and participate in sustainable practices such as energy/water consumption, recycling, and resource use.