Virus Action Team update: Revisions made to face covering and travel policies
For the first time since the GVSU Virus Action Team started tracking COVID cases in August 2020, we do not have anyone in isolation for a positive test. In response to this, and to be more in line with state and federal guidance, the GVSU face covering and travel policies have been revised.
Face Covering Policy Revisions effective June 21, 2021
If you are fully vaccinated, you are exempt from wearing a face covering indoors, except everyone must continue to wear a face covering in academic classrooms, labs and other indoor areas of academic instruction.
Face coverings are required:
- of all unvaccinated students, faculty, staff and visitors when indoors at all campus locations except when: in your specific assigned room, suite, or apartment when only you or your roommates are present; in dining areas, while eating or drinking; or in an enclosed space, when an individual is the sole occupant
- of all persons at GVSU COVID-19 testing sites, the Campus Health Center, the GVSU Family Health Center and any potential on-campus COVID-19 vaccination site
More information can be found on the Face Covering Page on the Lakers Together website.
We expect Lakers will support those in our community who choose to wear a face covering even if they are fully vaccinated.
GVSU Travel Policy Update
As of July 1, 2021:
- Students, faculty and staff are no longer discouraged from domestic travel
- For international travel, follow COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination | CDC
- Level 4 countries, where the COVID-19 risk is very high, must be avoided regardless of vaccination status
For more information on the GVSU Travel Policy, visit https://www.gvsu.edu/busfin/personal-travel-guidance-51.htm