GVSU photographers hosting national conference
Posted on June 17, 2019
Nearly 100 university photographers from across the country are exploring the Allendale and Grand Rapids campuses to sharpen their skills and learn from nationally known photographers.
The University Communications photography team is hosting the annual University Photographers' Association of America (UPAA) conference from June 17-21. Participants will take part in several hands-on learning sessions and take a trip to Hoffmaster State Park near Muskegon for a sunset photo demonstration.
• Dave Black (sponsored by Nikon). Black's work has been featured in Sports Illustrated, Time, Newsweek and the award-winning TV show SportsCentury on ESPN.
• Terrell Lloyd (sponsored by Canon). Lloyd is currently employed by the San Francisco 49ers as their full-time lead team photographer and manager of the organization's photography services.
• David James (sponsored by Fujifilm). Based in Los Angeles, James works worldwide on feature, television, marketing/advertising and publicity projects, including Star Wars - The Force Awakens, Star Wars VIII, American Made, Jack Reacher, Horse Soldiers and Mission Impossible - Fallout.
• Brian Smith (sponsored by Sony). For the past 30 years, Brian Smith’s iconic portraits of famous celebrities, athletes and executives have appeared on the covers and pages of hundreds of magazines including Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, Time, Forbes, New York Times Magazine, Elle and British GQ.
• Tracie Maglosky (sponsored by ProFoto). Maglosky and her husband, own a studio in the heart of the arts district of downtown Cincinnati. They specialize in wedding, maternity and newborn photography.
• Mike Moats (sponsored by Tamron). Moat's images and how-to articles have been published in various magazines, including Outdoor Photographer, Nature's Best Photography, Shutterbug, PC Photo, Nature Photographer, Photo Life, and Michigan Fish and Game Finder. His photography collections have been featured in the Pure Michigan tourism companion.