the Grand Rapids Environmental Education Network (GREEN) is a partnership among the Grand Rapids Public Schools, The Wege Foundation, and local providers of environmental education. We believe all students should have equitable and regular access to environmental education and nature-based learning. Our goal is to ensure all young people are environmentally literate, connected to the natural world, and prepared to protect Michigan’s natural resources.
All young people will be environmentally literate and connected with the natural world. They will live healthy lifestyles, have a strong sense of place in the world, be equipped to be stewards of Michigan's natural resources, and be able to contribute, both economically and environmentally, to a strong Michigan.
GREEN Partner Organizations
- Blandford Nature Center
- Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Grand Valley Metro Council – Lower Grand River Organization of Watersheds
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Grand Valley State University College of Education – Groundswell
- John Ball Zoo
- Our Community’s Children
- Outdoor Discovery Center
- West Michigan Environmental Action Council