For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Course Information for Health Informatics and Bioinformatics M.S.
The Health Informatics and Bioinformatics Professional Science Master's (PSM) degree program has a course design common to all three GVSU PSM programs:
- specific courses for critical content in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics
- laboratory experiences essential for the development of requisite skill and knowledge sets
- a common seminar series
- a capstone course and internships to provide essential hands-on learning in the field
The Biomedical Informatics Concentration consists of a three course sequence of courses in the Masters program.
All students are expected to adhere to the academic honesty standards, especially with respect to plagiarism, set forth by Grand Valley State University. In addition, students in this course are expected to adhere to the academic honesty guidelines as set forth by the School of Computing and Information Systems.
Recommended Course Schedules for the Masters Program
- Life Science background - fall start (pdf download)
- Life Science background - winter start (pdf download)
- Computing background - fall start (pdf download)
- Computing background - winter start (pdf download)
Common characteristics of all three PSM programs are:
- Involve both the university and its industry partners
- Emphasize teamwork, problem-solving, communication
- Scientific knowledge and technical skills
- Designed to integrate university coursework with hospital, business, and industrial internships to better prepare students for the variety of career paths associated with the life science and health science industry
Online hybrid courses
The following courses are offered as hybrid classes (also part of the Biomedical Informatics Badge).
Health Informatics and Bioinformatics Computational Resources
State of the art computational resources and professional software accessible online.