Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Art & Science of Aging Conference?
It is an interdisciplinary forum featuring research on aging topics and best practices in working with and for the older adult. Each year a theme on a timely topic is featured.
What is the date of the next Art & Science of Aging Conference?
The next conference will be held on February 28th, 2020.
What if I haven't received an email confirmation about registration or with parking directions?
There are three possible reasons:
- the email address provided during registration was incorrect (tell us by emailing at email@example.com)
- your email server identified our email as spam and sorted into junk folder (check your spam folder)
- your email server rejected our email and deleted (tell us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Where is the conference held?
GVSU Richard M. DeVos Center, 401 W. Fulton St, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
How Do I Register?
On-line registration is closed.
When Does the Conference Begin?
Registration opens at 8:15 am. The opening session starts at 9 am.
What About the Continuing Education Units Offered?
Professionals may earn up to 5 continuing education units during this conference. There is an additional $50.00 fee for these units that can be paid with your registration fee.
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Recreation Therapy
Is Parking Available?
Free parking will be available in the Seward Parking Ramp and Seward Lot, with an entrance on Lake Michigan Drive. A shuttle bus will pick up attendees and take them to the front entrance of the Hager-Lubbers Exhibition Hall. Two STARS marks the parking locations on the map found here. More detailed directions for parking will be forwarded to all attendees upon registration and also can be found on Parking Directions page.
Is Lunch Provided?
As part of the registration fee for the conference, lunch will be provided. A variety of options is available for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. We encourage participants to stay on-site for the lunch break to mingle, network, or check out the sponsor's resource tables. Student research poster sessions will also be displayed before and during the lunch break, located in the hallway adjacent to the Hager-Lubbers Exhibition Hall.
If you choose to leave the conference for lunch, here are a few options available to you:
- Starbucks - Building C of the DeVos Center
- Plaza Café - Building C of the DeVos Center
- Burger King - behind the DeVos Center on Lake Michigan Dr.
- Big Boy - across the street from the DeVos Center on Lake Michigan Dr.
- Ferris Nut & Coffee Café - on Winter Street across from the YMCA
- Adobe - Fulton Street West of Winter Ave
Any Additional Questions?
Feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com or phone: 616-331-6641.