GVSU FACULTY ARE INSPIRED AND INSPIRING
OUR FACULTY LOVE TO TEACH
No matter what subject, every Grand Valley faculty member has one thing in common: they love to teach. Having an average class size of 27 students means an even more personal, interactive, and rewarding classroom experience for you. And because a faculty member teaches most classes, you'll get even more opportunities for on-on-one interaction and instruction. That's how we define first-rate faculty. And the Laker Effect.
GVSU FACULTY ARE ALWAYS TEACHING. AND ALWAYS LEARNING.
OUR FACULTY ARE HIGHLY ACCOMPLISHED
Our faculty members are highly accomplished in their educations, their careers, and in the classroom.
- Ninety-two percent of regular faculty members have earned their doctorate or other terminal degree.
- Part-time faculty members bring invaluable industry experience to the classroom.
- Faculty members regularly earn local and awards and grants and are published authors.
- Grand Valley was ranked second nationally for the number of faculty members who are Fulbright Scholars and within the top 15 for number of U.S. Fulbright students.
- Grand Valley professors teach almost every class, giving you a more personal and meaningful classroom experience.
- Undergraduate students have opportunities for faculty/student research that are only available to graduate students at other schools.
Most of all, faculty members are mentors and advisors that inspire your passion for learning and self-discovery in the classroom and out. As a result, it's not unusual for students to be greeted by name by their professors — years after taking a class.
GVSU FACULTY CONNECT LIVES AND CAREERS
FACULTY MEMBERS WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED
Because our faculty members are actively engaged in their disciplines, contributing to the growth in their fields and staying current in their professions, you learn the most up-to-date information and techniques in class and make connections with experts, leaders, and potential employers outside the classroom. They network with 400+ local and national companies, providing internship and career opportunities. It's a highly personal experience that will challenge you academically and reward your hard work by preparing you to make a positive impact on the world after you graduate.
Or call (800) 748-0246 to speak with an Admissions counselor. We can't wait to hear from you!