LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Starting in 2017, the Faculty Handbook for regular faculty is part of the GVSU University Policies website.
The 2016-17 Faculty Handbook changes included:
- Contents aligned with Administrative Manual and current practices.
- Updates to University Committees, including adding an Affiliate Faculty Advisory Committee, and revising the University Assessment Committee membership.
- Replacing the Newspaper Advisory Board with the Student Media Advisory Board.
The 2015-16 Faculty Handbook changes included:
- Revisions to various committees, including Academic Computing Advisory Committee name change, membership & purpose; Campus Life Committee membership; Computing Policy and Planning Committee eliminated; Faculty Facilities Planning Advisory Committee membership; Faculty Teaching & Learning Center Advisory Committee description; New Program Council membership; University Judiciary Committee name change to University Conduct Committee; Writing Skills Committee description
- ECS Timeline for Agenda Distribution Change;
- Review of New Minors;
- Course Grade Information;
- Curricular Review of New Programs;
- Faculty Activity Plans / Faculty Activity Reports (FAP / FAR)
The 2014-15 Faculty Handbook changes included:
- Revisions to University Assessment Committee Membership
- Change in Faculty Workload Expectations language
- Adding Graduate Student Representation on Committees
- Defining Quorum for standing committees
- Revision to New Programs Council Membership
- Adding Partner Accommodation language
The 2013-14 Faculty Handbook changes included:
- Change in University Curriculum Committee (UCC) responsibilities and practices and responsibility for curriculum development
- Honors Designation in Majors and Minors
- UCC and Faculty Salary and Budget Committee (FSBC) Collaboration
- Restructuring of Graduate Council
- Policy on the Establishment and Revision of AP Scores
- Graduate Academic Policy on Reserved Course Numbers
- Change in University Faculty Election reporting dates
- Adjunct Faculty Title Change to Part-Time Faculty
- Revised language on Collegiality and Faculty Mentoring
The 2012-13 Faculty Handbook changes included:
- Contents aligned with the Administrative Manual
- Graduate Policies added
- Membership of some committees modified
- Addition of a Mentoring component for new faculty
- Changes to the Faculty Salary Adjustment Program
- Reordering of some sections
Faculty Governance Office
1000 James H. Zumberge Hall