Understanding & Interrupting Implicit Bias 101
Friday, September 22, 2023
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
LUNCH & LEARN: Implicit Bias refers to the beliefs, thoughts, attitudes, and emotions that impact our behaviors, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. This workshop is designed to walk alongside participants to understand the cognitive, cultural and socio-emotional considerations related to implicit biases and how it influences our decision-making and interactions. Participants will learn tools, strategies, and systems to address, interrupt and mitigate harmful biases in ways that foster personal growth and organizational inclusion.
Learning Outcomes - Participants will be able to:
- Define implicit/unconscious bias and describe how it informs individual, organizational and systemic actions and impact
- Utilize tools to help identify personal and organizational biases
- Develop strategic frameworks to counteract harmful and/or unhelpful biases.
- Dr. Alisha Davis (She/Her/Hers) AVP for Social Justice Centers and Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Callie Youngman (She/Her/Hers) Project Specialist for the Division of Inclusion and Equity
Registration on Sprout is required to receive a Zoom link.
Inclusion & Equity Institute
Email: [email protected]
Share this event
This event was added to the calendar by Sydney Hohlbein (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Monday, September 11, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
What is Interfaith? Student Workshop - INT 100/201 APPROVED!Allendale Campus
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
LGBTQ Foundations, Level 1: Terminology and LanguageOnline
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Niara: Vision BoardAllendale Campus
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
How Faculty and Staff can Foster Inclusive Spaces to Promote and Enhance Mental Health Specifically for Underrepresented StudentsAllendale Campus
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.