LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Blackboard: Sample Surveys
Sample Midterm Survey
1. Please give your instructor one or two specific, practical suggestions on ways to help you improve your learning in this course. In other words, how might I help you better understand the course material?
2. How have the readings, course assignments and lab work assisted your mastery of course content? Please explain.
3. What topic or subject matter did you understand least and needs to be cleared up BEFORE we move on?
Variation on the 1 Minute Paper
1. What was the most important (significant, crucial) thing you learned in today's class?
2. What question(s) do you have about the material covered in today's class?
3. What was the muddiest point in today's lecture?
4. How can I help you learn the concept that is giving you the most trouble?
5. I feel I contributed as much or more than what was expected.
Stop, Start, continue Midterm Survey
1. In order to maximize learning in this class the instructor should stop doing
2. In order to maximize learning in this class the instructor should start doing
3. In order to maximize learning in this class the instructor should continue doing
4. In order to maximize learning in this class, students (you and peers) should stop doing
5. In order to maximize learning in this class, students (you and peers) should start doing
6. In order to maximize learning in this class, students (you and peers) should continue doing
End of Course Survey
- It was easy for me to locate goals and objectives within the course.
- I understood the course goals and objectives.
- It was easy for me to locate objectives for specific units/modules of the course.
- I felt that the course content was provided in manageable segments.
- It was easy for me to navigate through course content.
- I felt that content was presented using a variety of media (e.g., text, visual, audio) that were appropriate to the learning goals and subject.
- I found that the instructional strategies (course activities, types of content presented, etc.) helped me reach course goals and objectives.
- It was clear to me how I was to use course content to achieve the stated learning outcomes.
- The learning activities encouraged me to use higher order thinking skills (problem solving, analysis, critical reflection, etc.).
- Individualized learning experiences (e.g., remedial or advanced activities) were available to me if I needed them.
- The tools available within Blackboard were used in ways that enhanced my learning.
- Innovative uses of tools or technologies enabled me to learn in a variety of ways.
- The collaborative activities in this course helped me learn course content and practice/improve upon my skills working on a team.
- The communication activities in this course enhanced my learning and/or built a sense of community among students.
- I was encouraged and/or required to interact with other students as part of this course.
- I was encouraged and/or required to interact with the instructor as part of this course.
- I understood the required levels of participation in this course (for example, what constitutes a “good” versus “poor” discussion posting).
- I was provided with a rubric or other appropriate guidelines indicating how my course participation and interaction would be assessed or graded.
- My instructor took an active role in facilitating and moderating discussions, including providing feedback to students.
- I felt that the assignments and assessments were appropriate for or fit with the stated goals and objectives for the course.
- The instructions provided offered sufficient detail for me to understand course assignments.
- I was offered multiple opportunities for self-assessment.
- The self-assessments I completed provided feedback that helped me improve.
- I understood the file formats and software needed for this course.
- I could easily access course content and complete course activities using my home internet connection.
- Suggestions for improving this course: