Automatically create a column in grade center by creating a gradable item in Blackboard. When the item is created, a column is automatically created in Grade Center. When a student submits work that is ready to grade, a Needs Grading icon appears in their cells.
- Assignments: You can deliver assignments to individuals or groups.
- Surveys: Surveys are scored automatically by the system. When a student completes a survey, a Completed icon appears in the student's cell. To view survey results, access the column's menu and select Attempts Statistics. You can view the percentage of students who selected each answer. You can't view individual results as student responses are anonymous.
- Tests: Most test questions are scored automatically by the system. If you create a test that is comprised only of questions scored automatically, the grades appear in the students' cells. If you create a test that contains questions that you need to score manually, such as Essays, the Needs Grading icon appears in students' cells. You must grade those questions before the test results appear in the students' cells.
- Discussion board: If you enabled grading for forums or threads, you must manually grade submitted posts. When a group member submits a post in a graded group discussion board, the grade you assign is only for the individual member.
- Blogs, journals, and wikis: If you enabled grading, you must manually grade submitted entries and wiki contributions.