LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Blackboard: Creating and Managing Assignments
Creating and Clearing Assignments Information
Creating the Assignment
- Select the content area where the students should submit the assignment (e.g. “Assignments” or “Documents”)
- Place mouse over the Assessments button and select Assignment
- Fill in the name of the assignment and use the instructions area to provide more details about the assignment
- A due date can be set for an assignment.
Note: There is an ability to receive items after the due date, but they will be marked as "Late". Be sure to place a check in the box next to the due date if you choose to use this option.
- In the grading area, enter the total points possible for the assignment.
- Click Submit
Note: A new column be created in the Grade Center for the assignment
Clearing an Assessment Attempt
- Open the Grade Center in the course
- Find the student in the grid along with the column associated with the assessment
- Click the arrow in the cell for the assessment to show more options
- Click "View Grade Details"
- From the Grade Details screen, there are many options to clear a student's attempt:
- Clear Attempt: This deletes the attempt
- Ignore Attempt: This keeps the attempt but omits the score from Grade Center calculations
- Allow Additional Attempt: This appears when a student submits the maximum number of attempts and allows a student to submit an additional assessment