AWRI Information Services Center
Nichol Y. De Mol
125 Lake Michigan Center
740 West Shoreline Drive
Muskegon, MI 49441
- Project Manager for the White River Watershed Planning project which includes writing a watershed management plan for the watershed.
- Currently working on a project in the Rogue River Watershed which includes updating the existing watershed management plan to meet EPA nine criteria.
- Past projects include the Muskegon Information and Education project, the Muskegon River Implementation project, the Muskegon River Watershed Transition project, the Rogue River Watershed Information & Education project, the Rogue River Watershed Implementation project, and Developing Stormwater Tools for Kent County project.
- Watershed manager for seven years
- Grant writing
- Watershed Management, Stream Ecology, Aquatic Insects, and Water Quality Monitoring
- Project Management (i.e., budgeting, research, communications between project partners, fieldwork, report writing, and dissemination of project information)
- B.S., Natural Resource Management, School of Natural Resources and Environment, 1999 - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- M.S., Aquatic Science Emphasis, 2007 - Grand Valley State University, Thesis Title: "Benthic macroinvertebrate response to road-stream crossing and stream bank improvements and longitudinal patters in Bear, Pine, and Sickle Creeks, Manistee County, Michigan".
- Received Outstanding Master's Thesis in a Major, Biology, November 2007.
- Presented thesis work at the Journal of North American Benthological Society Conference in May 2006 & May 2005 and at the Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference in December 2005.
Page last modified March 11, 2014