Online Course Outline
(Classes are subject to change and/or cancellation. Minimum class size is 8 students. If a class does not have the minimum enrollment by the registration deadline, it may be cancelled. Registration deadlines for each class are listed on the registration form.)
Course Contact Hours - For each of 5 courses (except FPC 306, Capstone)
The CFP Board's requirement is 45 hours per course, on average.
- 12.0 2 hours of live chat with the instructor per week
- 12.0 Discussion boards (2 posted discussion questions from the ME books each week - 2 one hour sessions per week)
- 6.0 1 hour quiz per week
- 3.0 Final exam - minimum score required
- 12.0 2 hours per week of graded problems
- 45.0 Total contact hours per course
Note: Students required to login online 4 out of 7 days per week and the first discussion post must be done by Thursday at midnight (Eastern Standard Time) each week.
- 24% Discussions, 4 points each week (2pts per question)
- 24% Weekly quiz, 4 points each week
- 28% Final exam (3 sets of 20 questions - an accommodation to Blackboard's stability)
- 24% Weekly problems, 4 points each week
Note: A minimum score of 75% in the course is necessary to pass the course. Students who do not achieve this score can retake the exam within 1 week of the class end date. If still not at 75%, then the course needs to be retaken at full course cost.