Statistical Consulting Center
Statistics Book Scholarships
At least three $50 scholarships will be available. Two will be available for students majoring in statistics and one will be available to a student with a minor in either statistics or applied statistics. Each of the scholarships will be given to honor the student for outstanding performance and to encourage that student to continue in statistics at that level of excellence.
These scholarships are made possible by the generous support of Pearson Higher Ed.
To be eligible to apply for the Statistics Book Scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the following:
- The student has declared a major or minor in statistics;
- The student has completed at least 45 credit hours by the time of application;
- The student has completed at least 6 credit hours in courses at GVSU with an STA (statistics) designation
- The student is enrolled at GVSU at the time of application including at least one statistics course;
- The student has an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- The student will be enrolled at GVSU during the next academic year.
Apply online at myScholarship. In the evaluation of candidates for a scholarship, the completed form and the candidate’s GVSU transcript (which will be obtained from BANNER) will be considered. In addition, the faculty will consider the candidate’s performance in statistics courses at GVSU and any additional activities or collaborative research/projects that the candidates might have been involved with.
Page last modified December 4, 2013