Internships, Jobs & Careers
Why an internship?
- Learn through practical experience
- Invaluable as a means of professional networking and career advancement
- Make connections between regular classroom work and possible profession
- Earn college credit
- Intern in DC via our affiliation with The Washington Center
If you are interested in sponsoring an internship, please email us at email@example.com with the following:
- Position Description
- Estimated hours
- Length of Position
- How to apply
- Contact information
- national, state, and local executive and legislative offices
- government agencies
- political campaigns
- party and interest group organizations,
- think tanks
- judicial agencies
- law firms
- international business
- international non-government organizations (NGOs).
Political Science: Dr. Donald Zinman
Phone: (616) 331-8714; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Relations: Dr. Polly Diven
Phone: (616) 331-3282; Email: email@example.com
Jobs, Careers, Grad School & Law School
Jobs & Careers
The International Relations faculty work closely with Career Services and students on internships and career advising. Students are highly encouraged to pursue an internship. Capstone professors help senior students to prepare for careers and graduate school. For more information, consult our career guide and visit with your faculty advisor.
- Foreign Service and other government agencies including
- International Organization Program Officer
- Legal profession as Lawyer or Judge
- Lobbyist or Political Analyst
- Public Policy Researcher
- International Sales and Marketing
- Non-Profit or Public Administrator
- International Education Specialist
Graduate & Law School
International relations is a suitable major for many graduate programs:
- Criminal justice
- International affairs
- International relations
- Law (Pre-law information)
- Political science
- Public administration
- Public Policy
For more information:
See the graduate school section of our career guide.
Refugee Assistance at Bethany Christian with Americorps
Policy Advisor with U.S. Department of Commerce
Attorney for Freedom House Represents Asylum Seekers
2013 IR Grad Works for UNICEF USA
Studying at Wayne State Law School
View More Spotlights
May 12, 2017
Gomez, Amatangelo and Sims win scholarships to study abroad.
May 12, 2017
Kristen Childs received the Excellence in a Discipline Award.
May 08, 2017
GVSU Political Science alumnus Eri Veliaj delivered the April Commencement address.
May 08, 2017
GVSU Delegation Attends Midwest Model European Union.
April 10, 2017
Jessica Baniukatis's paper, "Saakashvili the State-Builder: Establishing State Capacity and its Consequences for Democratization in Georgia" has been selected as the Outstanding Paper written in 2016.
View More News