Internships, Jobs & Careers
Why an internship?
- Learn through practical experience
- Invaluable as a means of professional networking and career advancement
- Make connections between regular classroom work and possible profession
- Earn college credit
- Intern in DC via our affiliation with The Washington Center
If you are interested in sponsoring an internship, please email us at email@example.com with the following:
- Position Description
- Estimated hours
- Length of Position
- How to apply
- Contact information
- national, state, and local executive and legislative offices
- government agencies
- political campaigns
- party and interest group organizations,
- think tanks
- judicial agencies
- law firms
- international business
- international non-government organizations (NGOs).
Political Science: Dr. Donald Zinman
Phone: (616) 331-8714; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Relations: Dr. Polly Diven
Phone: (616) 331-3282; Email: email@example.com
Jobs, Careers, Grad School & Law School
Jobs & Careers
The International Relations faculty work closely with Career Services and students on internships and career advising. Students are highly encouraged to pursue an internship. Capstone professors help senior students to prepare for careers and graduate school. For more information, consult our career guide and visit with your faculty advisor.
- Foreign Service and other government agencies including
- International Organization Program Officer
- Legal profession as Lawyer or Judge
- Lobbyist or Political Analyst
- Public Policy Researcher
- International Sales and Marketing
- Non-Profit or Public Administrator
- International Education Specialist
Graduate & Law School
International relations is a suitable major for many graduate programs:
- Criminal justice
- International affairs
- International relations
- Law (Pre-law information)
- Political science
- Public administration
- Public Policy
For more information:
See the graduate school section of our career guide.
Assistant to Political Affairs, Royal Thai Embassy in D.C.
Attorney for Freedom House Represents Asylum Seekers
National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations Fellowship
53rd Commission on the Status of Women
View More Spotlights
June 24, 2014
Kathryn Phelan will be teaching English in Brazil.
May 09, 2014
PIC Corp Team wins the 2014 World Quest competition hosted by the World Affairs Council of Western Michigan
May 07, 2014
PLS 339 offered this fall semester, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30-5:45 p.m.
April 29, 2014
Three IR students have been awarded PIC Study Abroad Scholarships for 2014-15
April 29, 2014
IR major David Leestma wins nationally competitive Boren Scholarship.
View More News