Welcome to the Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center
First-year Queer Alliance (FQA) supports LGBTQIA+ and allied students by helping them build community, engage in shared learning on social justice topics, and develop strategies for a successful first year.
FQA students will…
- Be able to successfully navigate GVSU’s campus and resources
- Develop and build interpersonal skills
- Gain awareness of the complexity of identity
- Understand how to use an intersectional lens
- Develop a sense of belonging to the LGBT Resource Center and GVSU
FQA meets Wednesdays at 8pm in the LGBT Resource Center, 1161 Kirkhof.
Loud & Queer (L&Q) supports LGBTQIA+ and allied students in the first year and beyond to build a strong and supportive community; expand their knowledge of power, privilege, and oppression; and deepen their connections to the LGBT Resource Center and GVSU.
L&Q Participants will…
- Develop skills for academic success and personal growth
- Build better interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to reflect on their own identities and how those identities shape their experiences
- Develop a deeper knowledge of how to use an intersectional lens when analyzing topics related to power, privilege, and oppression
- Develop a greater sense of belonging to the LGBT Resource Center and GVSU
L&Q meets Wednesdays at 9pm in the LGBT Resource Center.
This weekly group is a place for Trans and Non-binary students, as well as anyone who is questioning or exploring their gender, to safely and freely express themselves.
Meetings include discussions, games, educational sessions and community building.
T2 meets on Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. in the LGBT Resource Center.
This is a group for all GVSU students who identify on the asexual or aromantic spectrums.
Meetings include discussion, activities, and an overall supporting community.
Ace of Clubs meets on the 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 9:00 p.m. in the LGBT Resource Center.
The Queer & Trans Study Collective (QTSC) provides a space for interested participants to collectively explore topics and texts related to queer and trans theory. The Collective meets Thursdays at 7pm in the Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center to discuss a range of readings and visual texts collaboratively curated by participants. QTSC is a student-driven program intended to be non-hierarchical and interdisciplinary. Prior exposure to queer and trans theory is helpful but not required.
QTSC meets on Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. in the LGBT Resource Center.
The Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center is seeking LGBTQIA+ students to participate in Queer Connections mentoring program. Queer Connections is part of the Laker Connections Student Success Collective, which is dedicated to the success of all GVSU students. Queer Connections is open to all members of the university community; however, it is specifically designed to match LGBTQIA+ undergraduate students with OUT faculty, staff, or graduate students. Mentoring pairs will meet regularly over a six-month period, during which they will build connections, explore resources, and work toward collaboratively-constructed goals.