Presidential Research Grants
Grants for Graduate students
The grants are a one time award of up to $1,000 are available to support the research projects of graduate students. The grants are intended to support research undertaken for purposes of a thesis, dissertation, or final scholarly project.
Please note that grant awards are not guaranteed, nor are all grants awarded at the amount requested. Presidential Research Grants are for a specified semester, as stated in the award letter.
Expenditures must be made during the semester for which the grant is intended.
- Applicants must be degree seeking and in good academic standing
- The research must be tied to completion of some aspect of the applicant’s graduate degree
Students selected for awards will be notified via letter from the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Deadlines for applying are:
- Fall Semester research - June 15
- Winter Semester research - October 15
- Spring/Summer Semester research - March 15
Instructions, Guidelines and Cover sheet:
Submit to the Graduate Studies Office within thirty days from the final date of the grant (as stated in the award letter):
- All receipts
- A completed travel and expense voucher (on the GVSU Business & Finance web pages), must be submitted
- A final report on your project must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies by the deadline identified in the award letter
Further details on how to purchase supplies and materials for your research will be provided upon award notification.
If you have questions, please contact Irene Fountain in the Office of Graduate Studies at 331-7123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified February 26, 2014