Please complete and submit the Presidential Research Grant Cover Page. The cover page must include original signatures of your research advisor and Department/School Chair. Submit the cover page (with all signatures) of the application in paper form to The Graduate School, via U.S. mail, intercampus mail, or hand delivery. TGS address is 318C DeVos Center, 401 West Fulton, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.
The following items must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Research Description (~5-7 pages) including the following sections:
- Introduction/Background material
- Specific Research Question/Hypothesis
- Methodology/Design/Data Collection/Data Analysis
- Plans for Dissemination of Information
- Project Timeline
- Budget (~1-2 pages)
- A detailed budget, with justification, for the research that is tied directly to the research design/data collection.
- Include a description of each item and the approximate purchase price.
- For travel requests, provide a complete description of dates of travel and mileage.
- Funding is not allowed for travel to professional conferences.
- Letter of support from your research advisor.
- Letters of support must be sent directly from the advisor’s GVSU e-mail account to email@example.com. You may not submit such letters on behalf of your advisor.
Deadline Dates for Application
October 15, for Winter Semester research
March 15, for Spring/Summer Semester research
June 15, for Fall Semester research