University Curriculum Committee (UCC)
The University Curriculum Committee (UCC) is responsible for a wide range of curriculum matters at the university. Whether it`s a change to an old course, the introduction of a new course or new program, or a change in requirements to a major or minor, the proposal must be reviewed by UCC.
A separate page provides an overview of all curriculum committees at GVSU and the curricular review workflow.
Following review, UCC makes recommendations on all course proposals, degree requirements, program proposals, General Education, Honors courses, Continuing Education curricula, off-campus and summer programs, and accreditation processes.
Curriculum Development Information [listed alphabetically]
- BS/BA Program Requirements (formerly BS/BA Cognates) (posted12 08 16)
- Capstone Definition (posted 02 23 17)
- Catalog Templates (updated 11 06 15)
- Certificate Review Guidelines (updated 10 13 14)
- Credit Hour Definition (updated 03 22 16)
- Credit Hour Exceptions (posted 10 20 16)
- Cross Listing Courses Procedure (updated 10 23 12)
- Curricular Review and Development Checklists
- Fast-Track Prerequisite Change Form
- Flowcharts for Curriculum Development
- Roles and Responsibilities for Curricular Review (updated 10 24 16)
- Syllabus of Record Guidelines (updated 04 13 16)
Syllabus of Record Fast-Track Processing (posted 03 26 13)
- Syllabus of Record Objective Verbs (posted 01 19 17)
- x80 and x99 Placeholders (posted 03 22 16)
Forms --FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. To submit proposals, use Sail, the online curriculum system.
- New Program Prospectus (updated 9/22/14)
- New Program Proposal (updated 6/11/14)
- New Academic Unit Proposal (updated 6/11/14)
Page last modified March 1, 2017