Deadlines for application to Undergraduate Teacher Education elementary and secondary programs are:
- September 15 for winter semester admission and field placement
- February 1 for fall semester admission and field placement.
Application packets are available at the College of Education Student Information and Services Center at the downtown Pew campus, 401 C Richard M. DeVos Center. Packets must be completed at the time of admission. Students who postpone admissions must reapply. Students should apply during the semester before they expect to do their first field placement.
- Students seeking elementary certification with special education endorsements must apply during the winter semester (February 1) for fall admission.
- Students seeking a major in music education must apply during the winter semester (February 1) for fall admission (i.e. fall Teacher Assisting).
- Students seeking a major in World Languages must pass the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) prior to their student teaching semester.