- Optimize the support provided to the science faculty in the areas of research, laboratory research space, and safety.
- Support faculty research, including facilities support, startup coordination.
- Facilitating communications between administration and support staff providing ready access to expert information, and reducing the duplication of efforts among units.
- Coordinate efforts of Facility Services, including maintenance, custodial, mail delivery, and Safety Office with support staff.
- Supervise divisional technician, lab safety specialist and Holland/DeVos lab supervisors.
- Assign research, storage space, based on criteria established by administration.
- Administrate science equipment repair, Chemical Hygiene and Holland/DeVos lab operations budgets.
- Coordinate the scheduling and usage of Holland and DeVos labs.
- Coordinate outreach usage of all Padnos/Henry teaching labs
- Provide direction on procedural questions on all aspects of lab support to any department on campus, such as information on proper handling of chemicals or waste, access to science supply discounts, etc.
- Other projects as directed by the Dean.
Aaron joined Grand Valley in the July of 2002. Before coming to Grand Valley Aaron earned his undergraduate degree from Central Michigan University and spent two years in Muskegon working at a Federal Superfund Site performing Quality Control and Assurance. In 2002 Aaron came to GVSU as lab supervisor for the Chemistry Department and in 2008 joined the Dean's Office as the Director of Laboratory Support.
Aaron's main focus is overseeing CLAS science operations. This includes space allocation and management, resource purchasing, and chemical and equipment inventory administration.
When Aaron is not here at GVSU he spends most of his free time helping his wife protect their 3 children from themselves, with free minutes devoted to family, cycling, golfing, and carpentry.