What can I do with this major?
There are TONS of resources that are available to you, including your faculty mentor! The links below are not all inclusive of the opportunities that may be available to you, but can be used as a good starting point for you to begin your research.
- The GVSU Career Center has made some helpful information available to assist you with ideas about what you can do in the workforce with a particular major.
- The Student Academic Success Center is also an office that can assist you with major exploration if you are looking for a change to something that is a better fit for you.
- Career & Major Interest Exploration - Deciding on an academic major can seem like an overwhelming choice. Many factors have to be taken into consideration when making this selection. SASC encourages students to follow these three steps:
- Majors & Career Exploration Fair - Each November, GVSU academic departments provide faculty, student and alumni representatives to talk with current students about degree programs and professional pathways.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - developed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this is the Nation′s premier source for career information! The profiles featured here cover hundreds of occupations and describe What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Pay, and more. Each profile also includes BLS employment projections for the 2010–20 decade.