MIPERC Conference - September 19 & 20, 2019
Richard M. DeVos Center I Grand Valley State University I Grand Rapids, MI
The Next Wave: Embedding IPE Initiatives within Health Professions Education and Practice Settings
2019 MIPERC CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES:
- Discuss the impact, clinical benefits, and costs of IPCP environments.
- Discuss models and approaches for embedding IPCP and IPE initiatives into practice settings involving academic-service partnerships.
- Describe what lessons have been learned by faculty and healthcare administrators as they have collaborated to establish IPCP environments involving health profession students and professional healthcare staff.
- Describe the preparation needed to assist organizations as they consider establishing IPCP environments, including leveraging and navigating power structures, relationship building, and transformation of interactional barriers.
- Cite successes for mutually beneficial, enduring academic-community agency alliances, which extend beyond student placements.
Barbara Brandt, Ph.D.
Director, National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education; Associate Vice President for Education, Academic Health Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Peter Hahn, M.D., M.B.A.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Metro Health | University of Michigan Health
Susan Hanrahan, Ph.D., M.P.A.
Dean of Nursing and Health Professions
President, Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions
Lucinda Maine, Ph.D., R.Ph
Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer,
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The MIPERC Conference is accepting abstracts for the 2019 Conference!
Practitioners, educators, students and other interested parties are invited to submit podium or poster abstracts for presentation at this year's conference. The work represented should be of an interprofessional nature and relevant to this conference. Interprofessional work involves collaboration, cooperation, and coordination between two or more disciplines to improve health outcomes in specific care contexts.
Guidelines and instructions for submission are included in the link below.
Call for Preceptor Nominations
MIPERC Conference is currently seeking nominations for the 2019 MIPERC Preceptor Awards. We encourage students and faculty to show their appreciation for any outstanding individual who has contributed to the development and student success!
Partner Sponsors include: