12th Annual Midwest Interprofessional Practice, Education, and Research Conference
Date and Time
Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:30 PM - 6:15 PM
DeVos Center » 122E - Loosemore Auditorium
Thursday, September 19, 2019
The Next Wave: Embedding IPE Initiatives within Health Professions Education and Practice Settings
Pre-Conference Workshop: 9:00am - 11:00am
Location: Seidman Center - The Forum - 50 Front Street SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Main Conference 12:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Location: Loosemore Auditorium, GVSU Richard M. DeVos Center - 401 Fulton Street West, Grand Rapids, 49504
- 1:00-2:00 Barbara Brandt, Ph.D.
- 2:00-3:00 Peter Hahn, M.D., M.B.A.
- 3:40-4:40 Lucinda Maine, Ph.D. R.Ph.
- Awards and poster/podium presentations are scheduled throughout the afternoon.
1. Discuss the impact, clinical benefits, and costs of IPCP environments.
2. Discuss models and approaches for embedding IPCP and IPE initiatives into practice settings
involving academic-service partnerships.
3. Describe what lessons have been learned by faculty and healthcare administrators as they
have collaborated to establish IPCP environments involving health profession students and
professional healthcare staff.
4. Describe the preparation needed to assist organizations as they consider establishing IPCP
environments, including leveraging and navigating power structures, relationship building, and
transformation of interactional barriers.
5. Cite successes for mutually beneficial, enduring
For more information, please visit: http://www.gvsu.edu/mipercconference
Diane Dykstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-5876