Virus Action Team update: On-campus student vaccine clinic scheduled
UPDATED ON APRIL 13, 2021
Metro Health will offer the Pfizer vaccine at the GVSU clinic on April 16. Students will automatically be registered for the second dose to be given May 7.
The State of Michigan has allocated COVID-19 vaccine specifically for students at colleges and universities across the state. Grand Valley will be receiving 1,700 doses vaccine.
Metro Health will lead distribution of the vaccine at a GVSU clinic on Friday, April 16 at the Fieldhouse on the Allendale Campus.
The GVSU Vaccine Ethics Task Force developed guidelines for a vaccination priority schedule, guided by those with high-risk exposure. The vaccination priority schedule for students includes:
- Dining student workers
- Resident assistants
- Laboratory student workers
- In-person student workers
- On-campus residents
- Near campus and in-person students
Over the next several days, students will receive an invitation from Metro Health via text and/or email to schedule a vaccination appointment.
NOTE: To help with the invitation process for this clinic and future clinics, students, faculty and staff who have already received a vaccine should record it in their daily online self-assessment.
The GVSU clinic provides an opportunity for students to receive a vaccination before they return home. We expect additional vaccine clinics for our students in the coming weeks.
Faculty, staff and students are also encouraged to schedule a vaccine through other outlets, including their health care provider, local health department, hospital or pharmacy.
- Register through your local health department. Click here for more information.
- If you live in West Michigan, visit Vaccinate West Michigan to register.
- West Michigan Vaccine Clinic at DeVos Place in Grand Rapids, self-schedule online. To set up an appointment for those who are 16 or 17 years old, or those needing special assistance, call 833-755-0696. DeVos Place is a stop on the Laker Line.
Sign up and receive the latest Grand Valley headlines delivered to your email inbox each morning.