Preparation Requirements for Bulk Mail
- Only mailed within U.S.A.
- Must have 200 pieces
- Each piece must be identical in weight, size, and contents
- Each piece must have a printed indicia on the envelope or it can be "stamped" on
- The GVSU "corporate indicia" will work at either post office
Regular Bulk indicia:
(Items including travel, insurance, credit cards, advertising, combined mailing with another organization.)
(Must be directly related to the mission of the university.)
- If you are using either of the 2 imprints above, you must use the GVSU return address for your campus. Ex: 1 Campus Drive, 301 W. Fulton, 401 W. Fulton, etc.
- Seal all envelopes larger than 6 1/8" X 11 1/2"
- Feather all envelopes smaller than 6 1/8" X 11 1/2"
- Give an account number to charge
- Give total number of pieces
- ZIP CODE ORDER the entire mailing
a) Bundle together 10 or more pieces with the same zip code b) If there are less than 10 pieces - they can be combined with other zip codes that share the first three digits of the zip code. * i.e. a few pieces of 49401, 49422, and 49415 can be combined to make a bundle of 10 or more 494. * Remember, if there are 10 or more of the same zip code, do not mix them with other numbers. c) Miscellaneous pieces, which will not fit into a bundle of 10 or more pieces - sort them by states and mark them MISC.
- Bulk mailings will be processed with in 3 days or less.
- Mail Services will fill out all appropriate paper work required by the USPS
- You must include a completed Mail Authorization Form with your mailing
- Kent Communications or other mail houses should be contacted for large (over 2,000) pieces
- Kent Communications can update your mailing list and pre-print automated labels for your department that will lower your mailing cost per piece.