Blackboard: Course Copy
The Course Copy function enables instructors to copy content from other courses they are teaching. Instructors can select areas, such as Announcements, Discussion Board, or other content areas to copy from one course to another. Course Copy will add content to a course, but it will not remove existing content .
NOTE: You must be listed as an instructor in both courses in order to copy content.
- Go to the course you want to copy materials from
- Look for the Control Panel at the bottom left of the page
- Click on Packages and Utilities
- Click on Course Copy
- Leave the "Select Copy Type" set to Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course
- Click on the Browse button to select the course you want to copy materials into
The Browse button will bring up a new pop-up window that allows you to select or search for the course. To select the course, just click in the circle button to the left of the Course ID, and then click Submit at the bottom.
- Check the areas you wish to copy. It is best to choose "Select All", and then delete unwanted materials.
- Click Submit
NOTE: You do not need to check “Adaptive Release Rules for Content” since your student enrollments are not included in the course copy. Also, “Grade Center Columns and Settings” replaces the former version of “Grade book”. “Contacts” replace “Staff Information”. If you used either of those options in our previous version of Blackboard, be sure to select those options when doing a course copy.