LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Center for Educational Partnerships
The Center for Educational Partnerships (CEP) is a service unit in the College of Education and Community Innovation (CECI) committed to supporting and promoting collaborations between faculty, staff, and students and K-12 schools in West Michigan. The CEP provides high-quality programming and resources to school districts and educators, with a goal of supporting student achievement. Projects housed in the CEP include environmental education (Groundswell), promotions and outreach (Colleagues magazine), event planning, career guidance (Education Alumni Association), and much more. The efforts of the CEP team also focus on providing experiences, opportunities, and resources to populations who are underserved or underrepresented in some educational endeavors.
The Center for Educational Partnerships serves as to create and facilitate service connecting GVSU's Education programs to local and world communities.
We will do this by:
- Making Education programs visible through public relations opportunities
- Modeling social responsibility/civic duty for students
- Creating/sustaining relationships in the community
- Administering Education program events
- Promoting educational policies and practices
- Creating educational resources for the community
- Sustaining student connection between the Education programs and the community