LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Registration Override Permit Requests
How to Request a Registration Override (myBanner)
If you encounter a registration error message and need to request a registration override you can do so by clicking on the Registration Override Request Form link at the bottom of the Add or Drop Classes or Look Up Classes pages in your myBanner. You can view an instructional video to find out how.
- Fill out the form completely as it helps expedite the permit process.
- The Banner override system only sends permit requests to the Area and Global Studies Department once a day (at 6:00 a.m.) on weekdays. Your permit will be granted within one business day of receipt by the Area and Global Studies Department.
- No closed class permits are being issued for online classes.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee a space in the course. The Area and Global Studies Chair will review requests and make a decision based on the information received.
- Check the status of your request on the Registration Override Requests Summary page.
- When the decision is made, an email will be sent to your GVSU email address.
- Registration override requests should not be submitted for the following registration errors: Repeat Count Exceeds 0, Linked Course Required, Time Conflict with (CRN) or Maximum Hours Exceeded. If you are having difficulties, follow these instructions on how to resolve these types of errors.