Arts at Noon brings nationally and internationally-known musicians to Grand Valley State University for hour-long performances at noon on 14 Wednesdays each year. All performances are held in Cook-DeWitt Center on the Allendale campus (see map) and are free for students, faculty, and the general public.
The Winter 2019 lineup features an international lineup of award-winning artistry! (Preview each concert by clicking on the left-side menu item.)
Winter, 2019 Performances
- JANUARY 16 Perugino Quartet
- JANUARY 23 Cello & Piano Duo
- JANUARY 30 'Sizwe Banzi Is Dead' CANCELLED
- FEBRUARY 20 Folias Duo - Flute & Guitar
- FEBRUARY 27 Faculty Brass Quintet
- MARCH 27 Cello Fest
- APRIL 10 Sightlines Percussion Duo
Note to Students
We are delighted to make this wide variety of outstanding performances available so that you can have a 50 minute musical respite in the middle of a hectic day of classes. We simply ask that you abide by the following concert good manners so that other audience members and the performers are not disturbed:
- Arrive on time. Latecomers will be seated between numbers or after a movement. However, when you have to search for a seat in the middle of an aisle during the concert, it is always a distraction.
- Leave on time. And that time is 12:50! We take great pains to make sure that performances are finished by 12:50 so that you have the standard 10 minutes between classes. Just as you do not leave your classes before the professor dismisses you, do not leave the performance before 12:50.
- Look at only one "device" during the concert...your concert program. All electronic devices must be out of sight and silenced.
- On the day of a performance, GVSU visitors may park in LOT H between 11 am and 2 pm without getting a ticket. See the map.
- Those who have difficulty walking from LOT H to Cook-Dewitt Center may park in the west end of LOT H and take a shuttle to Cook-DeWitt. If you desire to use this shuttle service, please arrive no later than 11:45. See the parking map for location of the shuttle pickup.