Conscious Conversations promotes the oneness of women from all cultures and provides a safe environment for diverse women from across campus to better understand each other in an attempt to foster new meaningful relationships.
November 28, 2017, 12pm-1:30pm
Allendale Campus, Kirkhof 2204
Topic: Kin-Keeping, the Second Shift, and Invisible Work
Join us for a discussion on the “busy-work”* and “worry-work”* that silently saps your time and energy. We will explore the concepts of kin-keeping, the “Second Shift” and other invisible work often, but not always, completed by women in relationship and family situations. Our conversation will also include work-life balance, stress management, self-care, unplugging and the glorification of busy. *Credit: Jeana Jorgensen of Foxy Folklorist
If you are in need of any accommodations to participate in these programs, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Previous Conscious Conversation Topics
- Men's Role in Feminism
- Moving Beyond the B-Word: Bold, Blunt, Bossy Women in the Workplace
- Worldwide Women: International Travel, Work, and Advocacy
- It's All About Me (For an Hour): Self-care, Self-worth, Self-satisfaction, and Self-fulfillment
- Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Raising Girls in the Princess Culture
- We're Our Own Worst Enemies: Judgment and Competition Among Women
- Expecting Better: Establishing Family Friendly Workplaces
- Race and Gender in "Orange is the New Black"