Citations and Other Useful Websites
We recognize that all writers work at their own pace. If you're away from the Writing Center while you're working, feel free to browse these helpful links for support on your own time.
Note: We highly recommend consulting with the print style guides to answer questions regarding the documentation of sources and formatting of manuscripts--those texts are the most comprehensive and definitive.
Web video walkthroughs:
Grammar and Mechanics Assistance:
Discipline-Specific Writing Guides:
- Purdue OWL: Professional, Technical, & Job Search Writing Resources
- GVSU Writing Department's Creative Writing Resources
- Purdue OWL's Subject-Specific Resources (Technical/Professional Writing, Creative Writing, Journalism, the Social Sciences, Engineering, Writing about Literature, and Medical Writing)
- LabWrite (With funds from the National Science Foundation, LabWrite walks through the process of conducting labs & lab reports)
- GVSU Library Guides to Research by Subject
- GVSU's Office of Undergraduate Research (maintains a web page of local publication & presentations venues for undergraduates)
- Fishladder (GVSU's undergraduate literary magazine)
- Vinette (An online student publication at GVSU that celebrates good writing and good design)
- Grand Valley Journal of History (a student-run journal that publishes scholarship in history).
- Wake: Great Lakes Thought & Culture (edited at GVSU, this journal publishes articles and creative writing that "evokes the broad culture of the Great Lakes")
- In Our Own Words (Journal published by the GVSU Women's Center)
- Grand Valley Lanthorn (GVSU's student newspaper)
- GVSU's Writing Department (maintains information about how to submit to literary journals, along with a long list of publication outlets)
Have other questions? Stop in and visit! Or call us at 331-2922.