VISION & MISSION
Located in room 012 of the Atrium in the Mary Idema Pew Library Learning and Information Commons, the Atomic Object TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE provides faculty, staff, and students with an interactive and engaging environment to discover, learn, and share how innovative emerging technologies can enhance teaching and improve student learning at GVSU. Throughout the year the showcase will highlight a wide variety of technologies while special events and speakers will provide opportunities for the faculty and students to become aware of the potential of technology to transform education.
By researching and monitoring trends, the showcase focuses on identifying emerging and innovative technologies that have potential application across campus. The overall goal is to elevate and accelerate the conversation about instructional technology at Grand Valley State University.
GVSU will be nationally recognized as a world-class leader in transforming education through the application of innovative emerging technologies that create the next generation of teaching and learning.
To provide faculty, staff, and students with an immersive and engaging environment to: interact, discover, learn, and share how innovative emerging technologies can enhance teaching and improve student learning at GVSU.
- Investigate, acquire, test, prototype, pilot, research, and evaluate cutting-edge emerging technologies that have the potential to transform education, enhance teaching, and improve student learning. Goal is to provide hands-on activities to experiment, touch, use, play, etc. in a constantly changing, dynamic display of technologies including furniture and room layouts.
- Leverage innovative technologies to improve course quality, enhance faculty effectiveness, and increase student success and retention.
- Partner with leading faculty, staff, students, and vendors to showcase, advocate, and increase awareness of the application of innovative emerging technologies in education.
- Accelerate the application and evaluation of technologies and dynamic learning environments by assisting, equipping, and empowering faculty and students.
- Build institutional capacity to integrate and implement technologies into teaching and learning practice, and to scale their deployment across the institution.
In the showcase you can:
Interact with innovative and emerging technologies
Discover new tools and techniques for teaching
Learn how to leverage and apply technology for learning
Share new ideas that promote student success.
The Atomic Object TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE is an initiative of eLearning and Emerging Technologies in the Information Technology department in collaboration with the Mary Idema Pew Library Learning and Information Commons.