Do I need Registration Overrides for upper-level Seidman classes?
- Juniors and Seniors, who have been admitted to Seidman and now have a cumulative GPA between a 2.500 and a 2.749 GPA will need overrides to register for 300/400 level Seidman courses. After March 1 when the schedule is finalized, you may request your registration overrides.
- If you are a junior or senior with a GPA of 2.499 or below, please seek an appointment with our office immediately! (616-331-7500)
- Students with a catalog year prior to 2016-2017, with a 2.75 or higher overall GPA, and who will have at least 55-credit hours by the semester in which they want to take the course, will be able to register for 300/400 level Seidman courses.
How to Request a Registration Override (myBanner)
If you encounter a registration error message and need to request a registration override you can do so by clicking on the Registration Override Request Form link at the bottom of the Add or Drop Classes or Look Up Classes pages in your myBanner.
Detailed written instructions and an informative video are available at the Registrar’s website: http://www.gvsu.edu/registrar/registration-and-dropadd-methods-12.htm
- All permits must be submitted through myBanner
- Note, we are able to provide permits for Seidman Business College courses only
Due to the new permit registration system, the Seidman College of Business will be maintaining the maximum class sizes as they are posted in Banner