Regional Math and Science Center
C-1-123 Mackinac Hall
MA in Curriculum & Teaching, Michigan State University
BS in Mathematics; Minors in Physical Science & Education, Michigan State University
As Director of the Center, my program responsibilities span both science and mathematics within our region and at the state level. These activities include:
- Developing programs for building science and mathematics teacher leadership
- Offering workshops on understanding, designing, and assessing inquiry-based teaching and learning
- Coordinating teacher, student, and community events with state and national initiatives
- Working with AWRI to provide GLOBE training and support to area schools
- Presenting at local, state, and national conferences.
- Leading the RMSC's Michigan Math Leadership Academy (MMLA) team
Background Information / Interests
Coming from a teaching background in middle school science and high school mathematics, I joined the RMSC staff in the fall of 1993. I particularly enjoy the work that I have been able to do in teacher professional development, especially in the areas of teacher leadership and inquiry-based teaching and learning. Areas of interest to me professionally, that I hope to pursue in the future, are the use of models (modeling) in the science classroom and the integration of science and mathematics with other disciplines.
Page last modified January 5, 2011