- Ph.D. University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL (1999)
- M.S. University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL (1996)
- B.S. Calvin College, MI (1993)
- Associate Professor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, Aug. 2009 - Present.
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, Aug. 2003 - 2009.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Calvin College 2002 - 2003.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Hope College 2000 - 2002.
- Post-doc at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, 1999 - 2000.
|General Physics Lab
||College Physics Lab
|Advanced Lab (Modern Physics)
||Introduction to E&M (Halliday, Resnick, & Walker)
|E& M (Griffiths)
||World After Einstein
|Astronomy for Teachers
I am interested in anything astronomy. My research in the past has been in the area of particle transport in plasma related to solar flares, and X-ray data analysis for a special class of neutrons stars called magnetars. I am currently foraging into the field of radio astronomy with a student here at GVSU. For details please click on the research statement below.
Research with Undergraduate Students
- Johnathan Goupell – “Extraordinary Bursts from a Soft Gamma Repeater.”
- Robert Leach – “Magnetar Timing Analysis.”
- Abram Bos – “A Systematic Catalog of SGR Events from RXTE Data.”
- Patrick Minor – "Radio astronomy."
- Referee for Astrophysical Journal.
- Textbook Review.
- American Astronomical Society.