Virtual EMS is an online reservation system that allows on campus organizations/departments to make their own reservations.
**PLEASE READ BEFORE USING VIRTUAL EMS**
When using Virtual EMS in Internet Explorer 8.0, the browser will only work after you press the compatibility button located on the right hand side of the web address.
How to Request a Room?
Online requests are only for the specific meeting spaces at DeVos, Bike, and Winter Hall. If you would like to request space in different locations please contact our Conference & Event Planning Office at 616-331-6624.
Creating an account for Virtual EMS:
Go to VirtualEMS website
- Choose "My Account"
- Choose "Create an Account"
- Fill in the form
***PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOUR USER ID WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR COMPLETE EMAIL ADDRESS***
Below is a How To for using Virtual EMS:
Go to VirtualEMS website
- Hover the mouse over Reservations and click on Room Request
- Fill in the sections with the information for your event:
- Date: Fill in your desired date(s). Online requests must be made 48 hours in advance
- Time: Fill in the time of your event. DO NOT include setup/teardown time. Event Services will add setup/teardown time based on what is need for your event
- Building: Please select the building that you would like you event to be held in
- Attendance: Indicate how many people will be in attendance for you event. This allows Virtual EMS to filter rooms based on your needs.
- Once you have filled in all of the appropriate fields click Continue
- A list of available rooms will appear on the right side of the screen.
- You can select a specific room, as you are submitting a room request which will place a hold on the space.
- After you view room availability choose the "details" tab and fill in all of fields with your event information. Please note: If you have no "clients" in the client drop-down, you simply click on the magnifying glass, type in your student organization or department and then choose the appropriate client name.
- Event Name:
- Event Type: Select the type of event it will be: Meeting, Dinner, Informational Table, etc.
- 1st Contact: Please enter your first and last name
- Phone: Please enter a phone number where you can be reached - please include area code.
- Fax: if available
- Email: Please enter an email that you check regularly where we can send a confirmation outlining the details of your reservation
- 2nd Contact: This is only needed if you have two (2) contacts for the event or if you would like a second party copied on correspondence with regard to this event
- FOAP and Catering FOAP: For departments only if you are reserving media equipment or food service please enter the appropriate FOAP into the space provided.
- Once all fields are filled in click Submit.
After you submit:
- Confirmation of your request is based on availability at the time of processing your request. ***Submission does not guarantee a reservation***
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 72 business hours please check to be sure that your submission was not declined due to lack of availability.
If you have any questions regarding Virtual EMS-Pew Campus, please contact an event planner at 616-331-6624, or come to our office at 134E DeVos.