GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
KIRKHOF COLLEGE OF NURSING
The mission of the Kirkhof College of Nursing is to provide quality nursing education to a diverse population of students. Kirkhof College of Nursing strives to improve the well-being of people through leadership in nursing education, professional practice and scholarship.
The Kirkhof College of Nursing will be a regional, national, and international leader in:
- Educating individuals at the undergraduate and graduate levels for professional nursing practice, leadership, and scholarships.
- Developing creative partnerships with communities.
- Providing innovative research-based practice models to address the health needs of diverse populations.
- We have innovative educational initiatives that are responsive to communities of interest.
- We have fully engaged the health care community, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally through education, service, and research.
- We have a nurturing and supportive environment for and with a diverse community of students, alumni, faculty, staff and clients.
- We have alumni, faculty, and staff who are recognized as leaders in nursing education, practice, and scholarship.
- We have students, faculty, staff and clients who reflect the diversity of the region.
- We have well-developed research programs.
- We have well-developed evidence-based models for education, administration, and clinical practice.
Grand Valley's Board of Trustees approved the University's Vision, Mission, and Values on February 14, 2003.
Page last modified September 27, 2012