What is "I am Grand Valley"?
"I am Grand Valley" is a leadership recognition program for GVSU students. The program recognizes student leaders who are the essential elements of the University community, including student employees, leaders in student organizations, resident assistants, students that excel in the classroom, and so on. Every year, students, faculty and staff are asked to nominate students who they feel display and utilize strong leadership skills that contribute to the campus and beyond.
What else does the campaign entail?
The first Wednesday of every month is "I am Grand Valley" day, on which students are encouraged to wear their shirts, stickers and buttons. In January, there will be an "I am Grand Valley" calendar of leadership related events open to all students called Campus Leadership Week. This year, Campus Leadership Week will take place January 13 - 17, 2014.
2013-2014 I am Grand Valley Dates
- September 3: Visit our table at Campus Life Night
- October 2: Nomination Kick Off! I am Grand Valley Day
- November 6: I am Grand Valley Day
- December 4: I am Grand Valley Day
- December 6: Nomination Deadline
- January (no I am Grand Valley Day)
- January 13 - January 17: Campus Leadership Week
- January 15: "I am Grand Valley" Reception
- February 5: I am Grand Valley Day
- March 12: I am Grand Valley Day
- April 2: I am Grand Valley Day
Page last modified December 9, 2013